Ready to embark on your magical journey to the happiest place on Earth? Before you take flight, be sure your suitcase is filled with the essentials to make your experience truly spellbinding.
Here are our must-have packing items:
- Comfortable Footwear: Make sure you and your family have tried and trusted shoes. Parks are big, and you’ll be on your feet for hours. Supportive shoes are crucial! (Don’t forget to bring an extra pair in case you get wet!)
- Character-Inspired Clothing: Dive into the spirit of your trip with these cute, custom-created outfits - from sundresses to leggings, tees, and more, there’s something for the entire family to enjoy! (We can hear the compliments from here!)
- Rain Gear: Florida’s weather can be unpredictable. I prefer to pack ponchos because exploring a park with an umbrella is just another thing to hold! Don’t stress about these being expensive. Dollar store ponchos make it easy to throw away instead of hauling them back home.
Sun Protection: Sunglasses, hats, sunscreen, and even a fan to cool off with. The weather is hot, and humid, and did I mention HOT? Get your glow from excitement, not a sunburn.
- Top tip: Portable fans cost a pretty penny at the parks. Pack ahead and save those funds for the good stuff.
- Portable Chargers: You are app-ing and photo-snapping during your park stay - and that can drain a battery in no time. A portable charger is a lifesaver as the afternoon or nighttime fireworks approach.
Snacks: Yes there are a ton of snacks offered, but having a few quick-brag snacks in your bag can help fight off the hangry from appearing, especially if you find yourself standing in line. Snacks are CRITICAL for keeping young kids (and husbands) happy when standing in line or waiting for a parade, so pack them up. As of 2023, parkgoers are allowed to bring these in backpacks to the park.
- Top tip: Snack for small meals and save your budget for the big ones to bring even more magic to your day!
Reusable Water Bottle: Instead of seeking water bottles throughout the day, bring your own and locate the water filling stations located throughout the parks for easy, and more affordable hydration.
- Top tip: Did you know that food stands will provide you water throughout the park, at no cost? Bring your bottle and fill it up! Hydration is key for a long-lasting day in the sun.
- Park Map & Schedule: Okay I know, in this digital age who needs a physical map? But trust me, sometimes a handheld can be handy, especially if you forget #5.
Personal Care: Hand sanitizer, facial tissues, and a small first-aid kit with bandaids and pain relievers can be a lifesaver after a long day at the park.
- Top tip: Leave this behind? Remember, there’s a first aid or baby care station in each park. Check out your map to find out exactly where these are and frequent as needed, especially for little one’s nap time.
- A touch of sparkle. Whether it’s glittering ears, a light-up necklace, or a scarf - always remember to add some flair and sparkle to your park outfits.
- Love glowing with cast members at night? Grab some glowsticks from your local store to light up the night. Always remember to grab enough to share with friends!
And don’t forget to leave some space for the trip home. We always bring a half-packed suitcase to bring goodies home in. Remember, with the tips above you’ll save the money on the food that you get to spend on some special edition merch!
Follow these tips and share your favorites by tagging @littleladyshayboutique!