Hey there soon-to-be parents!
Congratulations and best wishes on your new bundle of joy. After the shock and excitement of finding out we were pregnant with each of our girls, the next step I started thinking about was how to decorate their nurseries. Of course, Disney was top of mind (I had a Mary Poppins-themed baby shower, for one). There are so many amazing ways to bring the Disney magic into your new bundle of joy’s nursery, and I’m so excited to share some of our favorite ideas below:
A Small World
- Global Accents: Incorporating decor from around the world.
- Pastel Palette: Soft, muted tones that reflect the ride’s color scheme.
- Wall Art: Decals or murals from this ride are such a fun and cute idea.
- Accessories- add in a whimsical clock or dolls from around the world as a fun way to incorporate the magic of the ride
- Musical Touch: A music box or mobile playing the classic tune.
- Victorian Detail: Lace curtains, vintage furniture, and a classic London feel.
- Kite & Clouds: Kites, umbrellas, and fluffy cloud mobiles echo the whimsical elements of the movie.
- Cherry Blossom Accents: Wall decals or a mural to bring in the park theme.
- Supercalifragilistic Thoughts: Quotes from the film on the walls or as framed prints.
- Neverland Adventure: Create ‘zones’ throughout the room for pirates, mermaids, and fairies, just like Neverland!
- Starry Night: Glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceilings or walls.
- Flying Silhouettes: A wall decal of Big Ben and the crew flying off to Neverland.
- Treasure Map Rug: A fun and colorful addition as an accent such as the rug or a blanket.
Winnie the Pooh
- Hundred Acre Wood: Forest and honey pot motifs, and soft, nature-inspired colors.
- Character Plush Toys: Pooh and friends as cuddly nursery companions.
- Pooh Quotes: Heartwarming quotes from the books as wall art.
- Bee and Honeycomb Patterns: In textiles and accessories for a sweet touch.
Lion King - Boho Chic
- Savannah Sunset: Warm, earthy tones with pops of green and gold.
- Boho Patterns: Tribal prints and natural materials for a chic safari feel.
- Throw in some dried flowers and hanging baskets to add to the vibe.
- Lion and Animal Accents: Plush toys and animal prints that pay homage to the characters.
- Savannah Mural: A wall mural depicting the iconic Pride Lands.
Creating a Disney-theme nursery is all about blending the magic of these classic stories with practicality and comfort - because trust me, you’ll be in there a lot! Let your imagination soar, and best of luck with your cuddly, bundle of magical joy!